The Standing Committee for Economic and Commercial Cooperation of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (COMCEC) is one of four standing committees of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). It was established in 1981 at the Third Islamic Summit Conference held in Mecca/Ta'if and serves as a multilateral economic and commercial cooperation forum in the Islamic world. The committee convenes annually at ministerial level in İstanbul under the Chairmanship of the President of the Republic of Turkey.
The COMCEC lists following objectives on its website:
- To address the economic challenges of the Islamic Ummah and to contribute to the development efforts of the Member States.
- To produce and disseminate knowledge, share experience and best-practices, develop a common understanding, and approximate policies among the Member States in line with the vision and principles of its Strategy.
- To serve as the central forum for the Member States to discuss international economic and commercial issues.
- To study all possible means of strengthening economic and commercial cooperation among the Member States.
- To draw up programs and submit proposals designed to increase the welfare of the Member States.
- To ensure the overall coordination of the activities of the OIC relating to economic and commercial cooperation among the Member States
For more information http://www.comcec.org/en/