MOTIE’s mission is to promote trade, industrial development, regional integration and employment in a conducive and competitive business and investment environment by:
• Providing a predictable, competitive, equitable and socially responsible environment conducive to investment, trade and enterprise development.
• Promote structural transformation, towards a dynamic industrial and globally competitive economy;
• Continually improve the skills and capabilities of MOTIE to effectively deliver on its mandate and respond to the needs of The Gambian economy.
• Promoting a well-educated, trained, skilled versatile, self-reliant and enterprising labour force that will continually meet the needs of the nation;
• Strengthening bilateral, regional and multilateral trade corporation to enhance the benefit from trade.